An anthracite mined from a depth of about 1,500 m. The resources of our Anthracite are sufficient to provide an anthracite of constant excellent quality for many future decades. Especially favourable geological processes formed an anthracite with a particularly special structure. As a purely natural product in its original form, our Anthracite is used for the filtration of drinking water.
- an improvement in the filtration efficiency
- a saving of washwater
- an increase in the filtration velocity
- a lengthening of the filter run
The natural product already possesses the properties which are necessary for an ideal filter medium:
- High resistance to abrasion.
- Excellent separation of the filter layers after back-washing.
- Low tendency to clump.
- No adhesion of precipitated iron, calcium oρ manganese compounds.
- No release of silicic acid or heavy metals into the water.
- Fully functional between pH 3 to pH 12.
- Higher retention capacity for solids.
- Lower pressure loss.
- Longer filter-runs.
- Higher filtration velocity.
- Better filtrate quality.
- Lower backwash frequency.
- Less space requirement.
|Technical Data||Type||Grain Sizes|
|Bulk Density: 730 kg/m3||S||0,001 – 0,1 mm|
|Density: 1.40 g/cm3||0||0,1 – 1,0 mm|
|Hardness: 4 mohs||Ι||0.8 – 1.6 mm|
|Carbon approx. 92,0 %||ΙΙ||1.4 – 2.5 mm|
|Moisture approx. 2,0 %||ΙΙΙ||2.0 – 4.0 mm|
|Ash approx. 3,5 – 5,0 %||ΙV||3.5 – 7.0 mm|
|Volatile matters approx. 5,5 %|
|Acid-solubility (19% HCl) < 5,0 %|
Request Technical Data Sheet (TDS) and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
Sacks 50 lt.